Hovercraft is multi-purpose vehicle; which can travel across various types of terrain with no alteration. It is a vehicle capable of traveling over most surfaces on a cushion of air trapped under the body for lift. Air propellers, water propellers, or water jets usually provide forward propulsion. Air cushion vehicles can attain higher speeds than can either ships or most land vehicles due to lower frictional forces and use much less power than helicopters of the same weight. Image shown in below is illustrates the operational principles and basic components of a typical hovercraft.
The overall purpose of this project is to build a hovercraft which can carry various payloads, across land and water with a unmanned controlled. This air cushioned vehicle (ACV) can be used for numerous different applications including military, aid, transportation of building supplies, etc. This Project will outline the design process as well as the final selected design. This project also includes the different trailed versions which we tested before the finalize our project to satisfies our objectives which are as under.
- Overall weight of vehicle is need to be light.
- Vehicle can be controlled with max achievable distance.
- Vehicle can monitor area with wireless operable camera.
- Vehicle can carry max weight.
- vehicle can be able to achieve max. Speed.
ACHIEVED Objectives with Prototype
- Vehicle Successfully tested on water, Road and sand.
- Weight of vehicle is near to 1.5 Kg.
- Vehicle is able to carry a weight near to 5 to 8 kg.
- Vehicle is able to get controlled in the limited distance of 200m radius. (Up-gradable)
- Vehicle is able to monitor area with 2.0 Mp Camera. (Up-gradable)
- Vehicle is expected to be achieve a speed of more then 20 kph.
- Size of the vehicle is 36″ x 20″ x 17″.
- Project Designed By Tajagna Vyas.
- Project Manufactured by Jaimin Patel and Mehul Prajapati.
- Project Assembled by Dharmesh Dholariya, Chintan Gajera and Tushar Gajera.
- Project Guided by Mr. Dipak Rasamiya (Proffesor at F.D. Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Project tested under the supervision of All members.